Takeout Worthy Chinese Pepper Steak Recipe
Chinese Pepper Steak Recipe in a sweet and sour broth-based sauce with ginger, garlic, brown sugar, and soy sauce for a supper that will put any takeaway Chinese Pepper Steak to shame. with Onions – juicy, excellent ribeye steak, tasty bell peppers, and spicy onions.
Your supper meal rotation is guaranteed to include this simple Asian pepper steak recipe. This traditional Asian dish can be prepared and served in nearly the same amount of time as ordering takeout, and the handmade version is even better. For a satisfying and delectable family dinner, cook your steak to perfection, sauté your peppers and onions, and then combine everything with your homemade sauce before serving over rice.
Chinese Pepper Steak Recipe Ingredients
- a 2-pound ribeye steak (2-inch long thin slices)
- one red pepper (chopped into bite-size pieces)
- one green pepper (chopped into bite-size pieces)
- 1 little white onion (chopped into bite-size pieces)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (divided in half)
Chinese Pepper Steak Sauce
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- Black pepper, 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger (minced)
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 1 1/4 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2. tbsp. cornstarch
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the steak for 5 to 6 minutes, or until it is lightly browned, by adding it to the pan. Place on a plate and remove from the skillet.
- Add 1 tbsp vegetable to the skillet. Cook the onions and peppers for three to four minutes, or until they are tender.
- Return the cooked steak to the skillet.
- Meanwhile, combine the brown sugar, garlic, ginger, black pepper, soy sauce, beef broth, rice vinegar, sesame oil, corn starch, and ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the mixture to the skillet and stir thoroughly.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes at a simmer until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Serve hot with sesame seeds on top of rice. Enjoy!