The Best Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
Slow Cooker Pot Roast consists of a beef roast, ranch seasoning mix, brown gravy mix, and a packet of dry Italian salad dressing. Everything can be thrown into your crockpot and cooked for about 5 hours on low. For a few more hours of simmering, add your optional vegetables (such as potatoes, carrots, celery, mushrooms, etc.). Easy as pie!
I adore slow cooker supper dishes that just call for a small number of ingredients; they are ideal for working parents on a budget. It’s very handy to throw everything into the crockpot in the morning so that all you have to do for dinner is eat. Sincerely, I have no idea how I would get by without this miraculous tool.
You can’t really go wrong with this easy dinner recipe. The combination of these three seasoning packets yields an exceptional flavor, and as long as you cook the pot roast slowly and low, it always comes out tender.
You may certainly swap out the ranch seasoning mix for onion soup mix, which is also a common seasoning for pot roast.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast Ingredients
- 1–3-pound roast beef (any kind)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet of brown gravy mix, 1.5 cups of water
- 1 package of ranch dressing mix (1 ounce).
- 1 package of Italian dressing mix (1 ounce).
- whatever vegetables you like (I prefer potatoes, carrots and celery)
- Place the beef roast and 1.5 cups of water in your slow cooker.
- Mix all of the seasoning packets together in a small bowl, then sprinkle it on top of your roast.
- After about five hours on low, add the vegetables.
- Cook for an additional two to three hours, or until the beef is easy to shred.
Notes for the Recipe
- The seasoning packets’ sizes need not be exact. Depending on the brand, some of them weigh just over an ounce, while others weigh just under.
- If you happen to have a bottle open, you can also use red wine to replace half of the water.
- The ranch can be substituted for the French onion soup mix, which is another well-liked seasoning for pot roast.
- Try this roast with mashed cauliflower if you’re on a low-carb diet!