The Easiest and BEST Meatloaf You Will Ever Make
The Easiest and BEST Meatloaf You Will Ever Make is the greatest invention since sliced bread (Oh no, that’s bad now!! Forgot about carbs). So be it. It’s still a fantastic quick and easy dinner recipe for hectic weeknights. Everything is better with boxed stuffing!
You say, “Wait a minute!” How do you make delectable meatloaf with only four ingredients? It’s the delicious stuffing, in case you hadn’t already guessed. Seasoning, onions, chicken broth, celery, and carrots have already been added. Oh, and bread crumbs; they keep everything together.
Of course, you can add whatever else you want, such as diced onions, parmesan cheese, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, herbs, and so on, but this is your base and really all you need for a quick dinner.
Meatloaf has never really appealed to me, primarily due to my lack of experience with it. Come on, it looks like something you’d order at Denny’s, and it also looks really complicated. There is a limit to how many ingredients my brain can handle at once. Four, to be precise.
And for this reason, I decided that this meatloaf was doable after discovering the awesomeness of Stove Top Stuffing. Do you mean that all I have to do is combine ground beef, eggs, and a box of stuffing? Ok. DOING IT!
For busy weeknights, this is such an excellent, quick, and simple recipe for dinner. It delights everyone in my family, even my picky kids! Served with store-bought mashed potatoes and gravy, it is absolutely delicious. To make it at least somewhat healthy, I also like to add some vegetables or salad to the side.
The Easiest and BEST Meatloaf You Will Ever Make Ingredients
- 1 package Stove Top Stuffing (any flavor)
- 1 pound beef ground
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup ketchup (or more if desired)
- 1 cup of water (or a little more if your beef is super lean)
- Grease a bread loaf pan and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the dry stuffing mix, ground beef, eggs, water, and half the ketchup in a large bowl.
- Use your hands to evenly distribute the mixture inside the pan that has been prepared.
- Spread the remaining ketchup evenly over the top of the dish. You can also use chili sauce, BBQ sauce, or a mix of the two.
- Bake for between 45 and 60 minutes (about 50 in my oven).
- Enjoy! Before slicing it, I’d wait a few minutes. You can serve it with salad, mashed potatoes, or anything else you like.