VEGETARIAN MEXICAN RICE CASSEROLE
Healthy Vegetarian Mexican Rice Casserole with black beans, corn, bell pepper, cheese, and enchilada sauce. A filling and delicious vegetarian supper meal. It’s simple to create and I’m confident you’ll enjoy it!
This dish is highly filling, simple to prepare, and tasty. Full of vegetables and protein, as well as a delectable cheesy blend of cream cheese and Mexican cheese. To obtain an incredible flavor, combine fresh lime juice and enchilada sauce.
Vegetarian Mexican meals are quite simple to prepare. It’s ideal for getting your greens and protein in one dish. We eat Mexican food at least once a week, and sometimes more.
Now, let’s check out the way to make this dish with X2coupons!
YOU’LL NEED INGREDIENTS:
- Mexican cheese with red onion
- enchilada sauce with red bell peppers
- frozen corn kernels fresh garlic sliced fire-roasted tomatoes
- black beans with fresh lime-cooked white rice
- chili flakes
- salt cumin cayenne cream cheese
WHAT IS THE RECIPE FOR A VEGETARIAN MEXICAN RICE CASSEROLE?
- In a rice cooker, cook white rice. You can prepare it on the stove, but the sticky, super-fluffy rice comes from the rice cooker.
- Aside from the rice, this meal is made in a single big pot.
- I used my Dutch oven, which I believe was a perfect size! This dish may be made in any big pot.
- Prepare all of your vegetables for cooking by chopping them up. To begin, heat the olive oil, garlic, red onion, and bell pepper in a dutch oven. Cook, tossing often, over medium-high heat until the onion is transparent.
- Cook for a few minutes more after adding the frozen corn and fire-roasted tomatoes.
- Cooked rice, enchilada sauce, black beans, cream cheese, fresh lime juice, seasonings, and some Mexican cheese
- Stir to combine and cook through, then season with salt to taste.
- Cook rice per package directions (I used a rice cooker). To increase the recipe, you’ll need 4 cups of cooked rice.
- Meanwhile, heat a big heavy skillet over medium-high heat (I used a Dutch oven).
- 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic, red onion, and bell pepper sauté for 8-12 minutes, or until onion becomes translucent.
- Stir in the corn and fire-roasted tomatoes for 3 minutes.
- 4 cups cooked rice, lime juice, black beans, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cream cheese, cumin, cayenne pepper, and 12 cups Mexican cheese, salt to taste
- Serve with extra Mexican cheese, tortilla chips, and sour cream.