Zucchini Garlic Bites
Zucchini Garlic Bites incorporates finely chopped zucchini with garlic, Parmesan cheese, fresh herbs, and an Italian-inspired marinara dipping sauce.
Zucchini, ah! It is a crop that provides during the entire growing season. Another method to make it into a delectable snack that can be used as an appetizer, side dish, or even a kid’s dinner is with this recipe.
In the kitchen, the late summer crop is being preserved. Tomatoes and zucchini picked from the garden are currently piled high on the counters. Both are used frequently as I prepare the ripe tomatoes into sauce or salsa that can be canned and the zucchini into lasagna, zucchini bread, or anything that can be kept for later. I only have a brief moment of satisfaction after the counter is cleaned before it starts to fill up once more with freshly selected fruit.
Zucchini Garlic Bites Ingredients
- 1 cup of well-drained, shredded zucchini
- 1 clove of grated garlic
- 30 grams of breadcrumbs
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, 1/4 cup, grated
- One big egg
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped chives (or 1 tablespoon dried chives)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley or 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, or 1 teaspoon finely chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- tomato sauce for dipping with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil or nonstick spray and preheat the oven to 400°F. Place aside.
- Grate the zucchini into a clean towel with a box grater. To get the moisture out, roll the towel up and twist it.
- Use the small holes on the box grater to grate the garlic.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded zucchini, egg, breadcrumbs, parmesan, chives, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Combine thoroughly.
- Pat a tablespoon of the mixture into small balls with your hands before placing them on the baking sheet.
- In a preheated oven, bake for 15 to 18 minutes until golden .With marinara sauce, serve warm. Recipe yields approximately 16 bites.
- Getting Freezed
As directed, let the zucchini bites cool. Place on a sizable baking sheet in a single layer, then quickly freeze for an hour. Put the zucchini balls in a freezer bag after they have been frozen. Frozen food can be kept for four months.
- At reheat, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Bake the frozen zucchini garlic bites for 10 to 15 minutes, or until they are heated through and crispy on the outside.