Zucchini Mushroom Chicken Stir Fry
The Zucchini Mushroom Chicken Stir Fry recipe is filled to the brim with flavor in every bite! One skillet, 20 minutes, and a small number of supplies from your cupboard are all you need.
Every mouthful of this quick recipe for Chicken Stir-Fry with Zucchini and Mushrooms oozing with flavor! One skillet, 20 minutes, and a small number of supplies from your cupboard are all you need.
Zucchini Mushroom Chicken Stir Fry Ingredients
- Use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead if you want. 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts chopped into bite-sized cubes.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/4-INCH thick half moons
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar sprinkle of toasted sesame seed oil, for garnish, optional sesame seeds, for garnish
- Combine cornstarch and chicken pieces in a bowl; toss for a coat.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat vegetable oil to medium-high heat; Cook the chicken pieces in the hot oil for 6 to 8 minutes, or until they are cooked through and browned on both sides.
- Set aside the chicken from the skillet or wok.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the skillet and turn the heat down to medium-low;stir for just 20 seconds, or just until fragrant, during cooking.
- Stir in the zucchini and mushrooms as you raise the heat to medium-high.cook until fork-tender and browned, about 4 minutes.Frequently stir.
- In the meantime, combine the sugar, rice vinegar, and soy sauce in a small mixing bowl.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and stir.
- Stir in the prepared soy sauce to coat the vegetables and chicken.
- Stir and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the sauce has slightly thickened and everything is heated through.
- Take off the heat; sprinkle with sesame seeds and oil.
- Serve with scallions as a garnish.