Zucchini Parmesan – The entire family will go crazy for this zucchini parmesan. Simple components like zucchini, breadcrumbs, tomato sauce, and Italian herbs are used to make it. No one will admit that it is vegan. Even the pickiest eaters will be satisfied if you serve this. Be pleased with your accomplishments and the way everything came together with detailed photographs so you could be sure of an outstanding outcome.
Zucchini Parmesan Ingredients
- Sliced zucchini from 3 zucchini
- Breadcrumbs, 2 cups (use gf, if needed)
- Cashews, 3/4 cup
- Almond milk, 1 cup
- squeezed olive oil, 3 garlic cloves, for frying
- Italian herbs, 2 tbsp.
- 28 ounce can of tomato sauce
- Vegan mozzarella shreds, 5 ounces
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese in one batch (3 ingredients, 1 min)
- Salt and pepper as desired
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels and a casserole dish that is 8 by 11 inches (reserve additional paper towels).
- You will need a blender or food processor, so preheat the oven to 410°F.
- Sprinkle the zucchini slices generously with salt before placing them on the baking sheet. Cover with a second layer of paper towels to prevent a watery texture and to remove liquid from the zucchinis. After all of the zucchini slices have been used, add a weight to the top to make it easier to extract the liquid. Give them about 30 minutes to rest.
- After that, combine cashews, plant milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper in the bowl of a blender or food processor. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and process until completely smooth. Put the breadcrumbs in a different bowl.
- To fry, heat oil in a pan. Dip the zucchini slices in the breadcrumbs first, then in the “eggy” cashew mixture on both sides. Fry each side for two minutes until golden brown.
- The base tomato sauce should be combined with pressed garlic and Italian herbs. Layer slices of zucchini on top of some of it and some vegan parmesan and mozzarella on top of that in your 8×11-inch casserole.
- Rehash until everything is utilized. A thin layer of sauce and cheese sprinkles should be the final layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the top is golden brown. Before serving, allow to cool for a few minutes to improve the flavor and texture.